History of Malton from 1600 to 1697, the Bubonic Plague takes hold in Malton on a number of different years and Lord Eure built a new house on the site of the old castle. Latterly this house was subject to a disagreement on inheritance and it was pulled down all except the Lodge and Gateway. Visits of both King Charles & Queen Henrietta are also documented during these times. This century also sees the arrival of the Stricklands and they built a hunting lodge which now forms part of the Talbot Hotel.
Talbot Hotel (circa 1684)